Valentine Heart Wreath
click picture for a larger view
Valentines Day is just around the corner. Try this wreath for a nice touch.
what you need:
- 14" grapevine wreath OR trace around a dinner plate on cardboard. Trace again inside this
circle about 1" from outer edge.
- Various red and pink fabrics for hearts.
- Various red and pink ribbons for bow.
- Craft glue.
what you do:
- Cut out a dozen 4" high hearts from various pretty fabrics. Cut two of each fabric. One for the
front, one for the back. Use pinking shears for this project if possible.
- Cut out a dozen 5" high hearts cutting two of each fabric as well. Cut a slit about 1 1/2" wide
on backing fabric of each heart.
- Put wrong sides of heart together and stitch around entire edge about 1/4" inside.
- Stuff each heart lightly, push stuffing through the slit in the back.
- Glue hearts at random on wreath leaving about 3" or so bare at the top centre.
Hearts should overlap. Try to have each side different, not exactly the same placement of hearts.
Cut 10 - 12 various ribbons or raffia about 40" long. Tie ribbons in a large bow and glue to the top of
your wreath in the bare spot.. Adjust ribbons to hang in front, down the back and around the hearts.
Trim ribbons so they do not hang longer than the wreath.
This is an easy, fun project for anyone.