- 3 cups of half and half
- 4 Tbsp butter
- light brown sugar
- 9 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- strawberries for garnish
Early in day or one day ahead:
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, heat half and half until tiny bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
- Meanwhile, in heavy 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and 3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar to boiling; boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in warm half and half until mixture is completely smooth. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk beat egg yolks and vanilla extract until blended; slowly beat in half and half mixture until well mixed.
- Pour half and half mixture into 12 4 ounce ramekins. Place ramekins in small roasting pan. Carefully pour boiling water into pan to come up half way on the sides of ramekins. Bake 1 hour or until just set (will be slightly soft in center). Refrigerate ramekins 3 hours until chilled.
- Up to 4 hours before service, preheat broiler. Sieve brown sugar on top of ramekins to almost cover. Place ramekins into jellyroll pan and broil 3 – 4 minutes until sugar melts.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve within 4 hours or sugar will not be crisp.
I love you.